Notice regarding the personal data collected from Prevention at Sea’s webpage
We hereby wish to inform you that Prevention (hereinafter referred to as the Company or We) handles your personal Data in a transparent way and in full respect to your rights and personality and in accordance with Regulation 2016/679 (EU) on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the Regulation).
For the purposes of this notice, personal data means every information about you that establishes or can establish your identity, for example your name and surname, your telephone number or your id/passport number, or your computer’s IP address.
Furthermore, processing of personal data means any act or series of acts performed on your personal data, including, inter alia, collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, data search, use, any way of disposal, erasure or destruction.
We ask you to read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information the personal information we collect about you, what we do with your information and who your information might be shared with.
1. Who is the controller of your personal data?
This website is controlled by: PREVENTION AT SEA LTD
Registration No.: HE214304
Address: 5 ARTEMIDOS AVENUE
Phone Number: +357 24 819 800
Fax Number: +357 24 819 881
E-Mail Address: INFO@PREVENTIONATSEA.COM
2. Contact details of our Data Protection Officer:
Address: 5 ARTEMIDOS AVENUE
Telephone: +357 24 819 800
FAX: +357 24 819 881
3. How do we process your personal data collected through our webpage?
We store your personal data when you visit our webpage or during your contact with us, through e-mail or through the contact form, in order to be able to respond to your concerned request.
The personal data of our webpage’s users is not automatically collected, except in the cases mentioned below.
The personal data we collect through our webpage is used for the improvement of our webpage’s user experience, for marketing purposes or for statistical purposes.
4. How long do we keep your personal data collected from our webpage for?
The personal data we collect through our webpage is only kept for as long as necessary for fulfilling the purpose for which it was collected. In regard to your personal data that we collect from our webpage, you reserve the rights mentioned in paragraph 3.
5. What are your rights according to the Regulation?
According to the New General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 you have the following rights:
- right to access your personal data (section 15): According to this right you may receive information and/or copies of your personal data that we hold and concerns you free of charge.
- right to rectification (section 16): According to this right you may ask to correct or complete your data at any time.
- right to erasure (right to be forgotten) (section 17): According to this right you might request from us to erase the personal data that concern you.
However, we reserve the right to deny the erasure, if the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, for reasons of public interest and/or for the exercise of legal claims.
- right to restriction of processing of your personal data (section 18): According to this right you might require us to restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of it, the lawfulness of the processing and/or because it is not necessary for the processing purposes they had been collected for
- right to data portability (section 20): According to this right you can receive the personal information concerning you, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to transfer it to other organisations/companies or ask us to do so directly to other organisations/companies upon your instruction.
- right to object (Art. 21 of Regulation): You have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data, including profiling, based on the legitimate and/or public interest (section 6 (1) (e) and (f)) when you deem that this is justified due to a particular situation that concerns you.
In case that you do not agree, we shall no longer process your personal data unless it demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You may object at any time to the processing of your personal data for purposes related to direct marketing, including profiling, to the extent it concerns direct marketing. In case where we process your personal data for marketing purposes and you object to the said processing, the processing for the said purposes will cease.
- right to withdraw your consent: You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to collection and processing of your personal data. In such case, the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the legality of the data processed prior to the revocation.
It is noted that the abovementioned rights apply with the restrictions provided for in the Regulation. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or to ask any questions in regards to the processing of your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. What personal data do we automatically collect when you visit our webpage?
When you visit our webpage, without providing your personal data in any way, as for example your name or your contact details, we collect the personal data which the browser you use sends to our server. This data is technically necessary for better presentation of our webpage, as well as for reasons of security and improving your browsing experience. Some of the data we collect through our webpage is the following:
- IP Address.
- Date and time of visit
- The webpage where your visit comes from
- The Internet browser you use to visit our webpage
- Your operating system.
- Your internet browser version.
Cookies are used for the improvement of our webpage’s user experience, since, inter alia, they provide statistics to us concerning the way you use our webpage, by providing us with details regarding our webpage’s visitors number, as well as your location when visiting our webpage.
Cookies are small text files, stored on your computer's hard drive, or on your smart phone and do not in any way collect your personal data, such as your name, surname or your IP address. Please note that cookies are not part of your computer’s operation and cannot affect the security of your personal data.
This webpage uses Session cookies, which are automatically erased from your computer, when you close your internet browser.
You can find more information as regards to cookies and how they function at the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
8. Our webpage’s use of the Google Analytics service.
Upon instruction of the Company, Google uses this information to assess how you use our webpage, as well as to prepare several analyses which may help improve our webpage’s user experience. When your IP address is collected through the abovementioned service, no process in combination with other data that Google has in its possession is conducted. You can find more information regarding the Google Analytics in the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245 .
Please note that you can disable the collection of data related to the way you use this webpage through the Google Analytics service, by following this link, by installing the relevant plug in to the browser you use: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hi=de.
9. Links to other webpages
It is likely that our webpage refers to webpages that are not managed by the Company. In such case everything mentioned above does not apply.
We cannot, as a rule, affect the content and the way webpages that belong to other Companies/Organisations function.
10. Are you obliged to provide your personal data?
In order for us to be able to reply to your questions or fulfill your requests, you need to provide us with your personal data.
11. Does automated individual decision-making or profiling take place?
Automated individual decision-making means the process of making decisions through automated means of processing personal data/details, without human intervention. Automated profiling means the automated processing of your personal data for evaluating your personal aspects for profiling. This Website dos not make automated decisions or profiling.
12. How can you file a complaint?
In case that you have any complaint and/or dispute in regards to the way we use your personal data, you are invited to notify accordingly our Company or our Data Protection Officer and we will directly undertake to investigate and inform you in regards to your complaint.
In any case, you are entitled to submit a complaint to the Commissioner of Personal Data Protection. You can find information regarding the filing of complaints on the relevant website (http://www.dataprotection.gov.cy).
13. Contact details
If you wish to exercise any of your abovementioned rights or for any clarification, you can contact the Company’s Data Protection Officer at the email address email@example.com.